Currently there are two positions available in our group. Plase follow the links below for more information on the job descriptions, requirements and how to apply.
- Research Associate in Design, modelling and optimization of aeronautical composite structures:
Applicants should have a strong experience in finite element method, modelling damage in composites, optimisation algorithms for composite components and advanced programing skills as well as good communication skills (including report writing and oral presentation).
- Research Assistant/ Associate in Structural Health Monitoring of Composite Structures:
The aim of this post is to:
- develop methodologies and technologies for impact and damage detection in composite structures.
- validate developed methodologies with experimental test at coupon level first before applying to more complex composite parts.
For informal enquiries about the posts please contact Dr Zahra Sharif Khodaei at email@example.com
In addition to the above posts, exceptional candidates seeking external fellowships are welcome to contact Dr. Sharif Khodaei and Prof. Aliabadi to discuss opportunities. Some of the external postdoctoral fellowship for research include:
- EPSRC: http://www.epsrc.ac.uk/skills/fellows/areas/
- Royal Society: https://royalsociety.org/grants/schemes/newton-international/
- Leverhulme foundation: http://www.leverhulme.ac.uk/funding/funding.cfm
- Royal Commission 1851: http://www.royalcommission1851.org/awards/
We currently have 2 PhD studentships available in Structural Integrity and Health Monitoring of Critical Structures. These studentships are available to UK and EU students. Please see this link for more details and how to apply.
We are always looking for talented candidates who are passionate about Structural Integrity, Structural Health Monitoring, Optimisation and reliability analysis or ones with a passion in mathematics such as Numerical analysis, in particular, Boundary Element Method.
Prospective students are welcome to contact Dr. Sharif Khodaei or Prof. Aliabadi for opportunities. However due to the overwhelming interest we receive from applicants, we are sometimes unable to give a response to each email we receive.
Currently, PhD positions are available through the Imperial College PhD Scholarship Scheme. Often PhD's are self-funded through PhD scholarship programmes with their home country and the UK.