Strategy in actionMore articles
19 September 2017An Imperial researcher discusses advances in aircraft air quality
19 September 2017Copying nature's lock-and-key system could improve rapid medical…
Foundations and Peoples columns
- We will continue to specialise in science, engineering, medicine and business. This is the foundation on which we build our future.
- We will maintain world-class core academic disciplines. All research and education must be underpinned by a deep understanding of the fundamentals.
- We will encourage multidisciplinary research. Only by bringing together expertise from different disciplines can we solve today’s global challenges.
- We will embed our educational experience in a vibrant, research-led, entrepreneurial environment. By learning alongside researchers who are experts in their fields our students gain the practical, entrepreneurial and intellectual skills to tackle societal problems.
- We will build a supportive, inclusive and highly motivated staff community across all disciplines, functions and activities. This will help us to attract and retain the talented and diverse staff we need to achieve our mission.
- We will enrich the student experience. Providing a broad range of activities, services and support for our students beyond their studies helps them to develop wider talents and to be successful.
- We will build strong relationships with our alumni and friends. This lifelong exchange of ideas and support benefits all of us.
Partners and Enablers columns
- We will strengthen collaboration with business, academia, and non-profit, healthcare and government institutions across the globe. No university can achieve excellence or realise the full benefits of its work by itself.
- We will inform decision makers to influence policy. Our excellence, breadth of knowledge, connections and London location allow us to bring together and inform key decision makers in governments and industries for the benefit of society.
- We will share the wonder and importance of what we do. Collaboration with the public, schools and our local communities fosters a shared passion for and understanding of our work.
- We will strengthen and diversify our revenues. Delivering our mission requires investment in our staff, students and facilities.
- We will provide professional support, consistent processes and appropriate technology for all of our staff and students. The pursuit of excellence in research and education requires excellence in all that we do.
- We will act courageously and innovatively when pursuing new opportunities. We need to take academic and financial risks to sustain excellence in research and education.