UKRI Future Leaders Fellowships
Please note, the call for applications to second round of the UK Research and Innovation Future Leaders Fellowships has now CLOSED
UK Research and Innovation Future Leaders Fellowships are an exciting new opportunity to join Imperial. This scheme intends to grow the strong supply of talented individuals needed to ensure that UK research and innovation continues to be world class. These Fellowships support applicants from diverse career paths, including those returning from a career break or following time in other roles. The objectives of the scheme are:
- to develop, retain, attract and sustain research and innovation talent in the UK
- to foster new research and innovation career paths including those at the academic/business and interdisciplinary boundaries, and facilitate movement of people between sectors
- to provide sustained funding and resources for the best early career researchers and innovators
- to provide long-term, flexible funding to tackle difficult and novel challenges, and support adventurous, ambitious programmes.
Applications to UKRI where the fellowship is intended to be held at Imperial must be made via the College to ensure you have approved support from the proposed host Department.
Who can apply
This cross-UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) scheme will support early career researchers and innovators with outstanding potential in universities, UK registered businesses, and other research and user environments including research councils' institutes and laboratories.
The FLF scheme welcomes applications from both UK and international applicants and individuals should use UKRI’s person specification to assess and justify their suitability for the scheme. The support of the institution is a critical component of all fellowships which will enable the fellow to transition to or establish their research/innovation independence in any area supported by UKRI.
Holding a FLF at Imperial
At Imperial we are using an open selection process to identify individuals the College is willing to support in applying to this funding opportunity from UKRI. Interested candidates must submit a Request for Support Form (doc), which will be shared with the relevant department to consider. Applicants will be contacted directly by the relevant academic department in order to establish the level of support available.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Request for Support Form (doc)
- Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 28 August, 11.59pm GMT
- Completed application forms will be shared with the relevant departments for consideration
- Applicants will be contacted by departments to discuss their request for support