STFC Open Call
The STFC Impact Acceleration Account facilitates the application of university research to the real world, benefiting society at large and helping to boost the economy. The STFC IAA provides support for the College's academics to develop impact relevant activities which capitalise on the knowledge generated during your STFC funded research and training grants. The resource can be used for a broad set of activities that deliver or promote the benefits of research and PhD training to a full range of end users across industry, the public sector, the third sector and the wider public.
The College has been awarded funding for a 2018 STFC Impact Acceleration Account for projects and activities running until March 2019. We are inviting applications for projects that deliver or promote the benefits of research and PhD training supported by STFC to a full range of end users across industry, the public sector, the third sector and the wider public.
Funding from the STFC Impact Acceleration Account can be used to:
- Support the commercialisation of STFC-funded research outputs, e.g. funding small proof of concept studies.
- Supporting the training of STFC-funded academics in knowledge exchange and commercialisation, e.g. hold internal business plan competitions or workshops.
- Support the assessment for commercial potential of STFC-funded research outputs, e.g. carry out market surveys for new technologies.
- Support the engagement of STFC-funded academics with relevant users of their research, e.g. hold showcase events to introduce businesses to applied research in STFC-funded academic groups or support short secondments to/from business.
The STFC Impact Acceleration Account can NOT be used to:
- Support activities for which the primary or sole purpose is public engagement
- Pay for patent costs
- Support training or activities aimed at undergraduates
- Support activities based on outputs of research funded solely by organisations other than STFC
For more information, including eligibility criteria and details of the internal call, please see the STFC Open Call Guidance (pdf).
THIS SCHEME IS NOW CLOSED