Training, support and recognition
We will be running regular training sessions throughout the year. We will update this page when the details have been announced and will be bookable on our volunteer platform.
The training sessions will be skills focused and not based on the logistics or specifics of a particular event - this will be covered in your on the day briefing and documents. The training sessions will focus on: teamwork, customer service, communication skills, interacting with different audience and building links with the public engagement team and other colleagues.
Student Training Opportunities
Imperial Plus is a Union run development programme, helping students to learn and implement key skills and building their potential as a leader. By engaging in their interactive workshops delivered by an amazing team of student trainers, stuedents can explore skills related to leadership with others.
The sessions are endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management, ensuring that students receive a top quality educational experience. Find out more about the workshops and register here.
The Imperial Award is a scheme open for all students, encouraging self-reflection and personal development, recognising this on your College transcript. Find out more, sign up to Imperial Award guidance workshops and register for the award here.
Staff Training Opportunities
The Learning and Development Centre offers courses, programmes and support for staff wanting to develop a broad range of skills.
We are here to help, and can offer you support in a number of ways:
- Any queries you have around volunteering - contact Emma Slater at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide an on the day volunteer manager that will make sure you have everything you need
- Confirming number of hours worked for College reward schemes
- Supporting conversations around the benefits of volunteering in your department
- Providing references
Recognition and reward
We really appreciate your help, and we want to make sure you know this. Below are a few of the ways we will recognise and reward your contribution:
- Celebratory refreshments and socialising following events
- The opportunity to be nominated by your peers or the public engagement team for a Volunteering of the Year Award (enthusiasm and excellence in customer service)
- The opportunity to receive a Commitment Award for the volunteer who has contributed the highest number of shifts across the academic year.
- All volunteers who have volunteered at least one shift will be entered into an annual prize draw.
- Recognition of contributions to volunteering on our website, social media and communications.
- The opportunity to be consider for a role with greater responsibility at future events.
- Integration within College wide volunteer reward and recognition processes.
We plan to add to these ways of recognising your contribution. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.
We're happy for you to get in touch if you have questions or ideas about how we can make this a better experience for you. Get in touch at email@example.com.