Noun: an intricate network or web-like formation
From seeking advice to finding a new community, Imperial Plexus is an intuitive new online platform for alumni; connecting you directly with Imperial and with each other.
- Build a professional and social network
- Search for alumni who share your city, your interests or your industry
- Contact old classmates, share your news and send a message to a friend
- Explore exclusive volunteering and job opportunities
- Get regular updates, tailored to your interests and location
- Find Imperial and alumni events in your area
- Share your location or upcoming trips to connect with local alumni
- Access online resources, Campus libraries or the Union Bar
Imperial Plexus officially launches in May. Please make sure that your email address is up to date in order to receive your unique activation link.
Your online account is changing and will be replaced by Imperial Plexus. We have stopped registrations for the old service and the functionality of the previous online account ceased in February 2018. For information on how to access services until you are able to activate your Imperial Plexus account, please see the FAQs below.
When will Imperial Plexus be ready?
Imperial Plexus will launch in May 2018.
How can I join the library?
You are still able to join the library and can do so by visiting any of the Imperial campus libraries. Library staff will verify your alumni status by contacting the Alumni Relations Office. If you intend to visit the library on a weekend, please contact the Alumni Relations Office in advance during normal office hours, Monday to Friday 09.00-17.00, on firstname.lastname@example.org and request a verification email.
Can I still access online resources?
Online resources will not be accessible remotely. You can still access them from any Imperial campus library. See how you can join the library above.
What’s happening to my email account?
If you have an existing alumni email address, this will not be affected and will continue to work as usual. If you have not yet created an alumni email address, you will not be able to do so until we release the new platform. If your degree was conferred less than 12 months ago, you can still access your student email account. For questions about your student email account, please contact ICT at email@example.com.
Will my current alumni account be permanently closed?
Your current account will be closed completely. You will be invited to create a new account on the new platform in due course.
The upgraded platform is a new and improved way for Imperial alumni to keep in touch with each other and the College. It’s free and open to all Imperial alumni to join. The platform will allow you to:
• Send private messages to your contacts, join alumni groups based on your interests or join an alumni association in your area
• Get regular updates, tailored to your interests and location
• Find Imperial and alumni events in your area – from opportunities to meet top academics to networking events for recent graduates
• Search for alumni by name, location or year of graduation – reconnect with old friends or make new contacts
• Planning a trip? Share your location and post details of upcoming trips to connect with alumni in the area for local recommendations and advice
• Post and browse job opportunities, internships and requests for venture/business partners.
The new platform also provides information about exclusive alumni benefits and services, such as use of the Alumni Visitor Centre at South Kensington, access to online library resources and an alumni email account.
How can I update my contact details and preferences?
How can I contact my classmates?
If you would like to contact your classmates, we suggest that you use the Imperial Alumni LinkedIn group. The LinkedIn closed group has over 15,000 members and is a useful tool to reconnect with your community, join discussions or share relevant information.
Where can I get my transcript/degree certificate?
Former students of the College (i.e. those who no longer have access to Student eService) can request documents by completing the Alumni Document Request Form.