Using e-journals and e-books on phones and tablets
Access to the mobile version of an e-journal or its app is usually controlled by the Library’s subscription. If you are using an iOS or Android mobile device, set up the VPN to enable seamless access to e-resources. Almost all journals will allow you to download PDFs to your device.
All e-book platforms have been tested on the iPad and iPhone.
- All e-books can be viewed online. You may download 10% or the equivalent number of chapters from most e-books.
- Most publishers will allow you to download their books chapter by chapter.
- All the above downloads can be sent to “iBooks”.
dawsonera and ProQuest Ebook Central
To download e-books from dawsonera or ProQuest Ebook Central, you need to set up a special e-book reader. Please follow the instructions below:
- Register for an Adobe ID or use an existing Adobe ID
- Download the Bluefire Reader app from the Apple App Store and authorise with your Adobe ID
- Download and install the Adobe Reader app from the Apple App Store or use an existing version of Adobe Reader on the device
See Downloading eBooks onto an Apple iOS device - dawsonera user guide for further information.
Thieme MEDONE EDUCATION (formerly Thieme E-Book Library)
To download e-books from Thieme MedOne Education install the iPublish Central Reader app.