- These are generic instructions, so your customised version of Android might be slightly different. Contact the ICT Service Desk for support if required.
To set up an Android device to check your Office 365 email account, follow these steps:
- Open Settings, scroll down to Applications and choose Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android. You may be prompted by a wizard or you may need to tap Manage accounts and the plus (+) sign to add a new email account.
- Type your full College email address or username. For example: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. This will vary depending on your version of Android.
- Type your College password and then select Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- Domain\Username: Type your full username followed by @ic.ac.uk (if Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type email@example.com in the Username box).
- Password: Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server: Enter m.outlook.com
6. Choose SSL if prompted about a secure connection.
7. Select Next and you will be able to specify what you wish to be syncing options.
Your email account is now ready to use.